Usually served cold, this Spanish soup is jam-packed with vitamins and minerals and offers a lighter alternative to hearty winter soups. Gazpacho is really easy to make (all you need is your food blender or NutriBullet) and tastes amazing served with pitta bread and garnished with fresh basil.
8 medium tomatoes
2 red bell peppers
1 medium cucumber
1 red onion
2 garlic cloves
2 slices wholemeal bread
3 tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
4 table spoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
- 1.Chop the tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, red onion and garlic before adding to a food processor. Blend well.
- 2. Add chunks of the bread to the mixture and let the soup sit for 20 minutes so the bread can absorb the liquid.
- 3. Add the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper then mix well. If you like your soup a little thinner add some water.
- 4. For the best taste, leave the soup in the fridge overnight so the flavours can mature.
- Was this your first taste of gazpacho? What did you think? Don’t forget to share snaps of your soup creations with us over Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.