Last year I bought my Christmas wreath from a shop, but decided that this year I wanted to recreate it all by myself. If you fancy giving some Christmas crafts a go too, follow my guide to making your door look festive and create your own Pinterest-worthy wreath in just 7 easy steps.
- [responsive-image id=’4158′ align=’center’ caption=’Materials for your Christmas wreath’ alt=’Christmas wreath materials’]
- – Double-wire frame
- – Floral picks
- – Floral shears
- – Floral wire
- – Scissors
- – Ribbon
- – U pins
- – An assortment of greenery – holly branches, fir and pine (find this in your own garden or local woods!)
- – Decorations, e.g. berries, cinnamon sticks, poinsettia flowers etc (choose these based on your wreath’s colour/ theme)
- 1. Collect your greenery and trim the branches with shears (mind your hands!).
- [responsive-image id=’4163′ align=’right’ caption=’Looking pine!’ alt=’Covered xmas wreath’]
- 2. Align each sprig of holly with 1 floral pick, wrap with wire and use a U pin to secure.
- 3. Secure the branches to the wreath, starting with pine first, and make sure the stems overlap. Keep adding stems until the wreath base is fully covered.
- 4. Repeat step 3 with fir.
- 5. Take the holly branches you prepared earlier and secure them by folding U pins around the wire frame.
- 6. Arrange your decorations around the wreath and secure with floral wire or a hot glue gun.
- 7. Tie a ribbon into a large bow and attach to the wreath with pins (insert these beneath the bow to hide).
- [responsive-image id=’4166′ align=’center’ caption=” alt=’finished Christmas wreath’]
- Voila! You wreath is complete and all you need to do now is take the all-important photos, choose your filter and then pop on your door!
- Do you love Christmas crafts? Share snaps of your own with us on instagram (@eurocampholidays) and Facebook.