If the novelty of Christmas toys has well and truly worn off, you’re probably turning to new ways to keep the kids entertained. But with post-xmas family finances looking worse for wear, how can you be sure to get the best value (and enjoyment) for the money you have to spend?
Eurocamp’s latest offer includes hundreds of family holidays under £350 per family, per week, but what can families get for this money in the UK? Let’s take a look at the cost of activities for a family of 2 adults and 3 kids…
5 UK activities for families up to £350
1. Trip to Thorpe Park – one-day family ticket costs £250.
2. Visit the Warner Bros Studio in London to experience the magic of Harry Potter World – family tickets cost £151 per day.
3. Take a trip to London Zoo – tickets for the family come to £106.50 (that’s before your trip to the gift shop…)
4. Head to Old Trafford to watch Manchester United play football – based on normal seating prices this would cost around £120.
5. Tickets to family favourite Green Man Festival – expect to pay £330-375 for the weekend.
[responsive-image id=’4367′ align=’right’ caption=” alt=’12_IL019_Pool_Z_SAT’]
Are you better off going on holiday than a day out closer to home?
Based on these activities, it seems that families won’t see much change from £150 for a single-day activity in the UK. In comparison, a seven-day holiday to Europe with Eurocamp costing £350 includes accommodation for the whole family, plus tons of free extras like kids’ clubs, pool complexes, evening entertainment and baby & toddler essentials.
* Prices correct as of Jan 2016 and based on on-the-day purchase during peak visiting times.