Most hotels and villas nowadays have swimming pools and for me once I’ve done a few lengths the novelty wears off. That was until I discovered I could stay on parcs that have epic water complexes on my doorstep and I haven’t looked back since. There are so many to choose from, but I’ve picked out 7 of my favourites places to make a splash!
[responsive-image id=’5463′ align=’center’ caption=” alt=’Duinrell’]
1. Duinrell in Holland
- Boasting 11 waterslides, one reaching up to a massive 150m long, plus the indoor Tiki Pool complete with wave machine and lazy river, it doesn’t get much better! You’ll be whooshing, whizzing and whirling before you know it.
- [responsive-image id=’5470′ align=’center’ caption=” alt=’St Avit Loisirs ‘]
2. Avit Loisirs in Dordogne
- This is a firm family favourite and has a whopping 6 indoor and outdoor pools with rocky waterfalls, the Crazy River and of course 3 twisty waterslides. There’s also an extensive sprayground for tots that’s full of colourful figures for them to play with.
- [responsive-image id=’5467′ align=’center’ caption=” alt=’Les Sablons’]
3. Les Sablons in Languedoc
- Just 10 minutes from Beziers airport and you’ll find this fantastic parc complete with tropical themed pool complex. Enjoy 5 pools, including one ideal for toddlers, and 4 waterslides to “chute” down next to palm trees.
- [responsive-image id=’5466′ align=’center’ caption=” alt=’Les Mouettes’]
4. Les Mouettes in Brittany
- With 4 heated pools and 3 waterslides this epic pool complex is great for all ages. Adults can enjoy 2 Jacuzzi pools with massage jets and whirlpool baths, whilst kids will have a ball on the Niagara Falls waterslides.
- [responsive-image id=’5464′ align=’center’ caption=” alt=’Aloha Village’]
5. Aloha Village in Languedoc
- Say aloha to this Hawaiian themed water park on the shores of the Mediterranean. There’s endless fun to be had in the huge pool complex, with giant waterslides reaching up to 85m long, Jacuzzi beds and a toddler pool. This has to be one of my favourites from the bunch.
- [responsive-image id=’5465′ align=’center’ caption=” alt=’Chateau Lez Eaux’]
6. Chateaux Lez Eaux in Normandy
- Ever wanted to swim in the tropics? Well check out this indoor jungle themed pool complex with 4 slides, a fountain and even squirting animals! As the kids splash around grown-ups can relax on the terrace sun loungers. Let’s be honest though, you’re probably going to be zipping down the slides yourself right?
- [responsive-image id=’5468′ align=’center’ caption=” alt=’Marina Venezia ‘]
7. Marina di Venezia in the Adriatic
- Last but certainly not least is an Italian parc close to Venice that has an astonishing 6 pools, including an Olympic sized and wave pool. For kids there’s a smaller pool with a castle in the centre that has 8 mini slides and a water dropping seahorse. Plus on top of this there are 3 giant Jacuzzis and 4 large slides, one of which is a fast 63m kamikaze slide that’s sure to get the adrenaline going.