My summers are always spent in the garden or on camping holidays with friends, and when evening arrives, a BBQ is always on the agenda. I’ve learnt that camping recipes can involve so much more than just a tin of soup or a cereal bar, in fact, I’ve even rustled up a delicious 3-course meal on a BBQ before!
Each dish was quick and easy to make, so whether you’re at home or on holiday why not cook up a BBQ feast using my recipes?
Starter: Grilled halloumi
[responsive-image id=’3077′ align=’center’ caption=’Delicious grilled halloumi’ alt=’Grilled halloumi’]
– 175g (6 oz) halloumi cheese, cut into slices
– 1 tbsp. lemon juice
– pinch of dried oregano
– freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Place the halloumi slices on the BBQ, turning occasionally until brown on all sides
2. Sprinkle with lemon juice, oregano and black pepper – it’s that simple!
3. Serve on their own or as part of a Greek salad with crusty bread.
Main course: Lamb Souvlaki Skewers
[responsive-image id=’3073′ align=’center’ caption=’Super Lamb Souvlaki Skewers’ alt=’Lamb Souvlaki Skewers’]
– 1 ½ kg of lamb leg or shoulder (fat trimmed) and cut into chunks
– 100ml Olive oil
– 100ml red wine
– 2 tsp dried oregano
– Zest and juice 2 lemons
– 2 garlic cloves, crushed
1. Put the lamb into a large bowl and add the olive oil, wine, oregano, lemon zest, lemon juice and garlic.
2. Mix ingredients together and make sure the lamb is completely coated, then chill and marinate for at least a few hours or overnight.
3. Later or the following day, thread the pieces of lamb onto skewers, alternating the lamb with chunks of peppers and onions.
4. Place on the BBQ, turning occasionally until cooked to your liking.
5. Serve in warm flatbreads with salad and a dollop of chilli sauce and tzatziki
[responsive-image id=’3074′ align=’center’ caption=’Want S’more?’ alt=’S’mores’]
– Digestive biscuits or Graham Crackers (these are from America, so look for them in larger supermarkets)
– Your favourite chocolate bar
1. Place the marshmallows onto a skewer and heat over the coals, which should still be warm from the main course
2. Remove once the marshmallows are warm and charred on the outside.
3. Assembling your S’more:
Your biscuit or cracker at the bottom > chunk of chocolate bar > marshmallow > another chunk of chocolate bar > topped by another biscuit or cracker
Try these camping recipes for yourself!
If you fancy cooking up a culinary storm this summer, try a holiday with Eurocamp – lots of the accommodation comes with a free BBQ! Put our recipes to the test and let us know how you get on over Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.